Get Paid While You Learn A Valuable Trade!
Our apprenticeship program is operated by the Dakotas Chapter of the Joint Apprenticeship Committee. If you’re interested in becoming an Electrician, the first step is to fill out a Request for Application. The Dakotas Joint Apprenticeship Committee is operated as a partnership between the Dakotas IBEW Unions and the North and South Dakota N.E.C.A. Members.
Apprenticeship applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age and provide a copy of your birth certificate.
- Provide official high school transcript(s) or GED and college or technical school transcripts, showing courses and grades.
- Provide proof of one full credit of high school algebra or one post high school algebra course with a passing grade.
- Submit a DD-214 to verify military training and/or experience if veteran status applies and you wish to receive consideration for such training/experience.
- If you have previous electrical construction work experience, we will need verification of your hours from the contractor(s) in order to award previous experience credit.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license. You will be required to present your drivers license at the time of the interview. Do NOT send a copy of it to the office.
Documented experience in electrical construction will be considered for possible interview opportunities and/or advanced placement.
If your Request for Application is accepted you will proceed to the Interview process where your application will be scored by multiple members of the IBEW and N.E.C.A. Your call to an apprenticeship will be determined by your performance in the Interview and Application Process.
Once accepted/called to an Apprenticeship, you will be indentured into the program and your training will begin. Complete details and requirements of the apprenticeship program are available from the Dakotas Joint Apprenticeship Committee or the Local 714 Offices.
Get your Request for Application form here: