Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota (BCBSND) has partnered with American Well (Amwell) to provide a telehealth solution for you.
You will be able to:
• Consult with a top-rated doctor by mobile, web or phone.
• Take advantage of the service 24/7, 365 days a year, during a time that works for you.
• Get a diagnoses and obtain prescriptions, as appropriate.
Amwell Telehealth uses video technology to provide medical or clinical care from a distance, including doctors
seeing patients remotely.
• Creating an account requires only a few steps and can be done in minutes. Information is
then stored securely for all future online visits.
You can expect the following when you use the service:
• You will see a list of available providers, their experience and ratings.
• After a provider is selected, you will be prompted to answer a few questions,
including the reason for the visit, medical history, allergies, and current medications.
• After submitting information (defined by your employer), you will be connected with
• Visits average less than 15 minutes and if clinically appropriate the provider can issue
• After the visit, you can access visit records contained within your account.
Common conditions for Amwell services include:
• abdominal pain
• pink eye
• ear infections
Amwell Telehealth is not meant to replace your relationship with your Primary Care Provider (PCP). It is designed to reduce non-emergency and walk-in clinic visits when your PCP is not available. Amwell Telehealth can be used when you travel. Amwell’s credentialed physicians and services can be used in all states.
• Amwell telehealth will be part of your BCBSND benefit plan.
• Access to Amwell will be tied to the your BCBSND subscriber ID number.
• Deductibles, copays and coinsurance may apply to Amwell services. (Our plan pays the copay)